Hexagon Mining introduces Sigma
Published by Angharad Lock,
Digital Assistant Editor
Hexagon Mining introduces Sigma, a comprehensive package of statistical and geostatistical programs to analyse and evaluate drillhole, blasthole, and model data. Part of the MineSight mine planning suite, Sigma includes time-saving workflow features for resource geologists and other mining professionals tasked with building a block model. It's fully integrated with MineSight Torque and MineSight 3D to produce sophisticated and customisable reports, charts, and graphs.
“The block model is the foundation of all planning tools, and to build a sound block model demands a high level of data comprehension,” said Product Manager, Alyson Cartwright. “Sigma assists the user throughout the analysis process, increasing reliability. Sigma also saves time by quickly updating results with the latest field information. It achieves the fine balance between guiding users and allowing full user controls.”
Among Sigma’s features is a statistical application for univariate, bivariate, and spatial analysis of geological data. It offers an intuitive user interface for batch creation, viewing and editing of graphs. Global refresh options allow for quick updates.
Other aspects offering include:
- Support for multiple concurrent data source types, including block models, Torque, MineSight Basis, and text files.
- Integration with MineSight 3D for selection and visualisation of Torque and block model data.
- Geostatistical graphs feature advanced data analysis algorithms for simplified variographical analysis.
- Intelligent defaults-based analysis of the input data to help initial graph creation.
- Supports automatic graph creation based on domain definition.
Today’s release of Sigma caps a busy few months for Hexagon Mining, which further enhanced its mine planning suite with the introduction of GeoLogic for smart modeling, and Stope Optimiser, which automates the design of stope shapes.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/27062017/hexagon-mining-introduces-sigma/
You might also like
Carbon capture technology developers break ground at Wyoming ITC
Two large carbon capture projects recently held a groundbreaking ceremony at the Wyoming Integrated Test Center (ITC).