ABB at MINExpo 2016
Published by Angharad Lock,
Digital Assistant Editor
ABB will demonstrate a variety of ways to manage complexity, mitigate risk, improve safety, and increase competitiveness with their solutions and expertise on display at MINExpo 2016 (26-28 September 2016) at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada (booth #C-8271).
Meet experts, discuss safe and reliable products and integrated operations, and view innovative solutions, including:
- Smart sensor for low voltage motors: This new condition monitoring technology transforms simple low voltage motors into intelligent machines that tell users when they need servicing through operating and condition parameters.
- Gearless Conveyor Drives: This new permanent magnet solution, designed specifically for medium powered conveyors, provides high starting torque, reduced mechanical stress and fewer restarts.
- Mine Location Intelligence: A location-based decision support system, Mine Location Intelligence provides real-time positioning of equipment and people, reducing time for evacuation and preventing people from accessing dangerous areas.
- Extended Operator Workplace: Through control design capabilities, ABB is able to consolidate different processes in more collaborative, attractive and ergonomic environments. The flexibility and efficiency of the Extended Operator Workplace facilitates faster decision-making and produces measurable improvements in productivity, safety and job satisfaction. Systems available through the Workplace include MineScape, SmartVentilation and MineMarket.
- Services for Mining: In order to protect and optimize assets, ABB has developed tailored service solutions specific to the mining industry. They have solutions around rapid response, life cycle management, operational efficiency, and performance improvement, all designed to minimise downtime, extend equipment life, and optimize process performance.
- Motors, drives and mechanical power transmission products: ABB offers a variety of industrial products designed specifically for mining applications including: ABB IECEx/ATEX certified low voltage flameproof IE2 motors for explosive atmospheres, ABB ACS880 industrial drives with NEMA 3R rated units, Baldor-Reliance crusher duty motors with industry-leading torque performance, and Baldor-Dodge MagnaGear XTR reducers designed for tough, high torque applications.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/22082016/abb-at-minexpo-2016-2276/
You might also like
Contango commences washed coal production at Lubu
Contango Holdings Plc has advised that the production of washed coking coal has commenced at its flagship Lubu Coking Coal Project in Zimbabwe.