The following highlights summarise results for 1Q17.
- Coal production targeted to start end of third quarter/beginning of fourth quarter of 2017.
- Major Haul Route upgrades either complete or underway.
- Bana Creek Bridge completed February 2017.
- Sealing of 13.5 km road section commenced January 2017 with 3 km sealed to date with practical completion expected in Q3 calendar 2017.
- Golding contractors work on the Dawson Highway Overpass continues with practical completion expected in Q3 calendar 2017.
- Baralaba South – Mining Lease Application process commences.
- New resource and reserve estimates for Baralaba South project released.
- No significant impact from recent tropical cyclone Debbie.
- Brett Garland commences as Chief Executive Officer in January 2017.
Baralaba Coal Company Limited (Baralaba or Company) has presented the market with its quarterly update for the quarter ended 31 March 2017. The company continued with infrastructure works associated with restarting the Baralaba North mine with a total of AUS 9.9 million expenditure incurred on roadworks during the quarter (AUS$6.5 million cash spent). An additional AUS$25.4 million cash is rewuired to complete the first phase of the roadworks for the Baralaba North mine. These upgrades are required in order to haul more than 1 million tpy on the 60 km haul route between the Baralaba North mine and the Company’s new train load-out facility located 2 km east of Moura, Queensland. These upgrades are expected to substantially lower the Company’s coal haulage costs and improve the road safety for all users. A second series of road upgrades are required to be completed within 18 months of the restart of operations at the Baralaba North mine and these are expected to cost approximately AUS$15 million to complete.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/mining/26042017/baralaba-coal-upgrades-mine-infrastructure/
You might also like
Black Royalty Minerals Koornfontein has signed Bettercoal’s letter of commitment.