Caterpillar Inc. has announced three Vice Presidents, Paolo Fellin, Greg Folley and George Taylor, have elected to retire. In connection with these retirements, Caterpillar has reported organisational changes, appointing two new Vice Presidents and launching a search for a third.
- After 37 years of service to the company, Paolo Fellin, Caterpillar Vice President of the Global Construction & Infrastructure (GCI) Division, has elected to retire.
“Over his long career, Paolo has built an unrivaled reputation for his passion and devotion to finding solutions for our customers,” said Jim Umpleby, Caterpillar CEO. “His leadership has played a critical role as Caterpillar has improved its market position for worldwide machine sales in the last several years.”
- After 22 years of service to the company, and 11 years of practicing law prior to joining Caterpillar, Greg Folley, Caterpillar vice president of the Industry Solutions, Components & Distribution Division (ISCD), has elected to retire.
“Greg began his career with Caterpillar in the Human Services Division, and while he’s held a range of leadership and executive positions focused on remanufacturing, component production and distribution during his career, his focus on people along with his positive attitude and leadership style are the hallmarks of his career,” Umpleby said.
- After 19 years of service to the company, and with more than 15 years of business experience prior to joining Caterpillar, George Taylor, vice president of the Marketing & Digital Division, has elected to retire.
“George has played a significant role in leading Caterpillar’s initiatives utilizing data analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to unlock competitive advantages for our customers,” Umpleby said. “George has laid a solid groundwork in this area as Caterpillar continues to develop digital solutions and products for our customers.”
- Caterpillar’s board of directors has appointed Chris Snodgrass, currently general manager for Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD), to the position of vice president of the newly created Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD). This division will combine groups currently located in other Caterpillar divisions to drive collaboration and implement strategic initiatives under the leadership of Snodgrass. PSLD will include design and manufacturing of wear and maintenance component products, as well as support of prime product and parts distribution, inbound and outbound logistics, warehousing functions, and packaging and container management.
“Since joining Caterpillar, Chris has quickly demonstrated an ability to deliver results; as general manager for IPSD, he’s played a significant role reducing material costs and driven substantial process improvements and results for the division’s sales and marketing functions,” Umpleby said. “His significant outside experience and perspective combined with his sharp focus on customers make him ideally suited for this role.”
- Caterpillar’s board of directors has appointed Damien Giraud, currently worldwide product manager for Caterpillar’s large excavators, as the vice president of GCI.
“Damien brings an exceptional focus on our customers to this position,” Umpleby said. “That customer focus combined with his global work experience, deep industry knowledge and his strong and transparent communication skills make him ideally suited for this position.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/29062017/caterpillar-details-senior-appointments/
You might also like
Black Royalty Minerals Koornfontein has signed Bettercoal’s letter of commitment.