Whitehaven Coal Ltd has released its updated resources and reserves statement for the Winchester South Project metallurgical coal mine in accordance with JORC Code (2012).
- JORC reserves upgraded to 380 million, from 350 million t.
- JORC proved reserves upgraded to 270 million t, from 140 million t.
- 60% of marketable reserves comprise metallurgical coal (semi hard coking coal).
- JORC resources of 1100 million t, inclusive of 670 million t of measured and indicated resources.
- 20+ year opencast mine life, targeting 15 million tpy run of mine (ROM) production.
- Average prime strip ration of 5 bcm/t ROM, and product strip ration of 9.1 bcm/t product.
Whitehaven Coal Managing Director and CEO, Paul Flynn, said that the updated declaration of resources and reserves was another important milestone for the project, which provides further confidence around resources definition and increases metallurgical coal tonnage and equity.
Winchester South is located approximately 30 km southwest of Moranbah within the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland and is 100% owned by Whitehaven Coal.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/22042022/whitehaven-coal-provides-winchester-south-coal-resources-and-reserves-update/