ASGCO has released a new Razor-Back Retractable™ System that can be accessed and removed from outside of the chute, without breaking the plane of the conveyor.
Following receiving feedback from its customers, the company’s engineering department has delivered a product with all of the cleaning efficiency of its patented Razor-Back® cleaners, now with unparalleled service access.
This innovative design significantly reduces downtime and eliminates the need for confined space permits. It includes resilient blade support that absorbs severe shock in the tough application of underground mining. The blades move independently to maintain contact.
It is durable 3 ½ in. thick square tubing for extreme environments with universal mounting for easy installation. Heavy duty Tungsten Carbide or Hd400 blades are available.
MDX carbide blade system is 3 times heavier than any other in the industry compact design and requires less then 9 in. of clearance to be installed and maintained.
The system is safe for mechanical splices and belts speeds up to 1000 fpm (5.0 m/sec.).
The application is ideally suited for coal-fired power plants, hard rock Mining, steel mills, iron ore, aggregate and mineral (phosphate, potash, salt) mining.
Key advantages includes:
- Eliminates material build-up.
- Long-wearing abrasion resistance – tungsten carbide blades provide and maintain a maximum effective cleaning edge against the conveyor belt.
- Quick-change – slide-out mounting system.
- Impact absorbing tension cushions – tension each individual blade to the belt for a controlled and effective conveyor belt cleaning across the entire width of the belt.
- Compact design – requires less then 9 in. of clearance to be installed and maintained.
- Total satisfaction guarantee (TSG).
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/24122015/improving-secondary-conveyor-belt-cleaning-3308/