CASE Construction Equipment has introduced the new CASE 1221F wheel loader, the newest and largest model in the company’s F Series wheel loader line.
The CASE 1221F is built for heavy earthmoving and loading applications including those encountered in aggregate and mining operations. The machine is designed with a 355 horsepower, 11.9 litre Tier 4 Interim-certified engine. Enhancements to the engine and transmission at maximum travel speed allow for increases in productivity of at least 18% and fuel efficiency of at least 8%.
The wheel loader is powered by a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) engine with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). This provides clean burning power and increased torque compared to previous models. Improved side panel air flow and cleaner direct air flow work together to ensure extended service intervals and component life. A new power shift transmission with transmission mode settings allows the operator to set the transmission to the specific application for optimal productivity and performance.
The CASE 1221F has an operating weight of 66 800 lbs (30 300 kg) and comes with a range of buckets from 6.3 to 7.8 cubic yards. The machine is available in standard Z-bar and extended-reach (XR) configurations. Additional highlights include:
- Four programmable power modes to save fuel and increase available power. A dual-mode shutdown feature helps maximize fuel economy and monitor vital engine components.
- Standard four-speed transmission with manual kick-down for maximum traction, as well as superior bucket penetration. Also available is a five-speed transmission with a lockup torque converter, open-differential axles and advanced system programming for additional fuel savings.
- Open rear-axel and locking front-axel for outstanding traction.
- Excellent operator safety and productivity, including a larger cab; a full glass door; an unobstructed view to both edges of the bucket and a sloping hood that provides clear vision to the rear; a quiet cab with a 73 decibel rating; a dual air filtration system for cleaner air; a fully adjustable, heated, and cloth-covered air-suspension seat; ergonomically positioned controls with optional joystick steering; and a rearview, wide-angle camera with an adjustable color monitor.
- A new coupler system that pulls the bucket closer to the machine for enhanced breakout force. It also includes the CASE SmartFit™ bucket tooth system that provides stronger, more durable teeth and adapters, and hammerless reusable locking pins to improve digging performance.
- Easily accessible daily service points and drain valves. The fuel fill point, cooling fan and radiator assembly have also been moved to ensure effective cleanouts and eliminate downtime.
The 1221F wheel loader comes standard with CASE ProCare. This is a suite of product assurances that includes a three-year Advanced CASE SiteWatch telematics subscription, a three-year or 3000-hour full-machine factory warranty, and a three-year or 3000-hour planned maintenance contract.
CASE Construction Equipment
The company sells and supports a full line of construction equipment including loader/backhoes, excavators, motor graders, wheel loaders, vibratory compaction rollers, crawler dozers, skid steers, compact track loaders and rough-terrain forklifts.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/21012014/case_introduces_new_wheel_loader_08/