ASGCO has released its Retractable Razor-Back ™ System with Split Block Spring-Shoc™, which allows for safe access and service from outside the chute.
This innovative patent pending design prevents the dangers of working inside the conveyor or breaking the plane of the conveyor – keeping workers out of harm’s way. This greatly reduces downtime and eliminates the need for confined space permits.
The company’s engineering department has listened to the feedback from its customers and has delivered a product with all of the cleaning efficiency of our patented Razor-Back® cleaners, while allowing for safe, access and ease of maintenance.
Key features include:
- Resilient blade support absorbs the shock in the most severe material handling applications.
- Blades move independently to maintain constant contact with the belt.
- Durable, 3 – ½ in. thick square tubing for extreme environments.
- Universal mounting for easy installation.
- Retractable design allows for ease of blade change out and maintenance, from one side of the conveyor.
- Heavy-duty Tungsten Carbide or AR400 blades available.
- Compact design requires less than 9” of clearance to be installed and maintained.
- Safe for mechanical splices and belts speeds up to 1000 fpm (5.0 m/sec.).
The new system eliminates material build-up. It has long-wearing abrasion resistance with tungsten carbide blades that provide and maintain a maximum effective cleaning edge against the conveyor belt.
The system has retractable mounting system, enabling quick change times. The tensioner adjustments can be made from side of operation. It also includes impact absorbing cushions, which allow controlled and effective conveyor belt cleaning across the entire width of the belt.
The system is suitable for applications such as coal-fired power plants, hard-rock mining, steel mills, iron ore, aggregate and mineral (phosphate, potash, salt) mining.
ASGCO has ensured customer satisfaction through putting a total satisfaction guarantee (TSG) on the system.
Edited from press release by Harleigh Hobbs
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/20052016/asgco-latest-product-helping-prevent-dangers-of-working-inside-conveyors-817/