The new Cat® D10T2 Dozer offers increased fuel efficiency, greater reliability and durability, and enhanced serviceability and safety.
The dozer builds on the D10T with refinements to its power train, automated controls and structures. The result is high productivity with superior fuel efficiency, reliable operation with long-lived structures, and enhanced access for service technicians and operators.
- The D10T2 uses the latest load sensing hydraulics technology combined with Cat advanced engine controls to maximize the amount of material moved for fuel burned.
- Improved filtration protects the fuel system, hydraulic system, and power train oil system to help ensure high reliability and minimal machine downtime.
- Refined large structures, such as redesigned track roller frames, deliver longer service before rebuilds.
- Improved access and egress features enhance safety and productivity of technicians and operators, and optional powered access systems and platforms enable configuring the D10T2 for the site.
Caterpillar offers the D10T2 with two variations of the Cat C27 engine with ACERT™ Technology. One version is US EPA Tier 4 Final certified, and the other is capable of achieving emission levels equivalent to US EPA Tier 2 standards. Both engine configurations produce net power of 600 horsepower in forward gears and 722 horsepower in reverse gears. The engine controller automatically adjusts power output based on the direction of travel. With the new system, the D10T2 has approximately 20% more power in reverse compared to its predecessor model. This results in faster cycle times and greater productivity in certain applications.
The D10T2 uses load-sensing implement hydraulics to boost fuel efficiency and machine performance. The system automatically and continuously adjusts implement hydraulic power and delivers the right levels of flow and pressure to be as efficient as possible. The result is more power available for the tracks to move the machine ahead.
Enhanced AutoShift (EAS) is a new standard feature on the D10T2. EAS improves fuel efficiency and productivity by automatically selecting the optimal gear and engine speed combination based on power train load and desired ground speed. This feature functions like an automatic transmission. EAS functionality combined with the increased power in reverse enhances productivity when backing up slopes.
A number of new, optional electronic systems are available to assist the D10T2 operator. These automatic functions unburden the operator and boost productivity. These include:
- The optional Autocarry system, which provides automatic blade control during the carry segment of the dozing cycle by measuring ground speed and track slip with a robust Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver. Autocarry changes blade position automatically to keep track slip at the optimum level for best performance.
- Adaptive Load Select, which enhances Autocarry by automatically adjusting blade load based on operating conditions, such as underfoot conditions and track wear.
- Automatic Ripper Control, which monitors speed with GNSS and automatically adjusts engine speed and ripper depth to minimize track slip.
Cat MineStar System enhances blade control even further. Terrain for Grading enables an electronic site plan to be sent to the machine from the office in real-time, showing the operator where to cut and fill. The new Terrain for Grading with Blade Control is now available. The new blade control system automatically guides the blade to the desired design contours, and it is integrated with Autocarry to sense and automatically control the load of the blade for improved performance and efficient blade loading in high production dozing applications.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/12022014/new_cat_dozer_offers_increased_fuel_efficiency_14/