Hitachi Consulting, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd and a leading provider of IT consulting and management consulting solutions and services, is to team up with Wenco International Mining Systems to launch a new joint service for opencast mine operations.
The new service is in response to client demand to know how their operations compare and contrast with their peers, and guidelines on which parts of the operations they should improve. The service includes a maturity assessment of the overall dispatch / fleet management operation against an industry benchmark, as well as an improvement support service to help opencast mine operations teams raise their overall performance:
- The dispatch operations maturity assessment tool provides sites with a prioritised list of improvement activities to improve pit operations. The assessment is not limited to any brand of fleet management systems software or mobile equipment.
- The dispatch operations maturity improvement service offers a configurable support service to mine support teams to improve the activities that inhibit overall production performance. Clients have the choice of selecting specific services to complement their own internal capabilities.
- Measurement systems.
- Fleet management software system.
- Data quality.
- Dispatch function management.
- Shift operations management.
- Pit operations optimisation.
- Asset reliability management.
- Integration with downstream processes.
Written by Hitachi Consulting. Edited by Jonathan Rowland.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/12012015/hitachi-consulting-launches-new-mine-optimisation-service-coal1725/