Michelin Earthmover introduces MEMS Evolution3 to its tyre management system.
Using the latest-generation tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensor and new, improved system software, MEMS Evolution3 enables mine operators to increase safety, extend tyre life, increase utilisation time, reduce costs and increase mine productivity while working under the most difficult and demanding industrial conditions.
MEMS Evolution3 sends critical tyre-related data and alerts to operators via various communication channel options. With MEMS Evoloution3, downtime can be anticipated and avoided through detection of slow pressure losses. An inflation monitor compensates tyre-pressure limits for ambient temperature; so when tyre temperatures change, operators can know immediately if there is an alert and change routes. Maintenance operations can be anticipated.
MEMS Evolution3 is available for rigid dump trucks using tyres with diameters 49 in. and greater, up to 12 tyres per vehicle. MICHELIN XDR2 and MICHELIN XDR250 tyres are pre-equipped for MEMS Evolution3 with a factory-integrated patch that allows the rapid installation of MEMS sensors in tyres without liquid.
The MEMS Evolution3 provides the following benefits:
- Improved, liquid-proof sensors report data throughout entire tyre life to improve mine performance.
- Two patented sensor models available: conventional sensors and sensors for liquid-filled tyres, isolated in a capsule filled with inert liquid.
- Real-time data recording, allowing reactive monitoring of alarms.
- Connection and data transfer via Ethernet or 3G with information stored in the cloud.
- Sending of multichannel real-time alerts online via email or SMS.
- Easy-to-use, advanced reporting capabilities monitor tyre metrics.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/product-news/04082015/new-mems-evolution3-serving-mine-operators-2681/