In December 2015, Intercem was awarded a contract by Lafarge-Holcim for the turnkey supply of a hot gas system for a coal mill at a cement plant in Chekka, Lebanon. By realising this project, energy costs during operation for the cement plant will be consequently reduced and the specific labour need will be optimised.
This project is already the second contract for such an applications between Lafarge-Holcim and Intercem. In 2013 a hot gas system was realised in a cement factory in Jordan.
The new hot gas system in the coal mill plant in Chekka connects the preheater with the coal mill and comprises a hot gas duct with a length of 360 m and a diameter of 900 mm. The process data of the hot gas outlet of the heat exchanger are of 18 500 Nm3/h at 400°C.
Besides diverse ducts, a cyclone, a process fan and several control dampers, compensators, the complete instrumentation and automation, and a new recirculation duct with two control dampers at the existing vertical coal mill were supplied.
The turnkey scope of supply and services included:
- Project management.
- As-built-survey of the existing plant using 3D laser scanning.
- Review of the statics of the existing steel structure and concrete construction.
- Process and detail engineering.
- Supply of the mechanical equipment including steel structure.
- Coordination of the locally produced components.
- Supply of the electrical equipment, including clarification of connections and integration into the existing control systems.
- Execution of the complete foundation works.
- Transport management.
- Electrical and mechanical assembly of the plant.
- Commissioning of the hot gas system.
- Training of the operating team.
The turnkey handover to the customer is planned for 4Q2016.
Edited by Jonathan Rowland
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/power/07092016/intercem-supplies-hot-gas-system-for-coal-mill-2016-2386/
You might also like
CIMIC Group’s minerals processing company, Sedgman, has secured an operations and maintenance contract in the Bowen Basin, Queensland, from Pembroke Resources.