Following the announcements on 20 October 2017, 9 November 2017 and 27 December 2017, Ncondezi Energy Limited (Ncondezi) has provided an update on its process to conclude a binding joint development agreement (JDA) for the company’s integrated 300 MW power and coal mine project in Tete, Mozambique.
Key highlights of the project are as follows:
- JDA remains targeted for completion by the end of July 2018.
- Proposals for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), as well as operations and maintenance (O&M) contracts received, but require additional information with a deadline of 23 April 2018 to receive complete proposals.
- Internal review of EPC and O&M proposals in process, with a target completion by the end of May 2018.
- In principle, support received from Electricity de Mozambique (EDM) and the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy (MIREME) for proposed strategic partners.
- The company will seek, in principle, support for a new tariff envelope from EDM by end of June 2018.
- Cash position as of mid-April 2018 is US$ 317 000, sufficient to cover activities until August 2018.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/18042018/ncondezi-provides-project-update/