The Kentucky Coal Association (KCA) and the Coal Prep Show will co-host the KCA Symposium, a new one-day forum to promote networking and discussion of issues facing the US coal industry among lobbyists, coal producers, manufacturers and service providers. Content will focus on education, discussion of policy, regulations, and the future of the industry.
Kentucky Coal Association programme
The programme will include the following sessions:
- Emerging environmental regulatory issues from the Appalachian/Illinois Basins.
- Federal and state official’s viewpoints of the regulatory assault on the Appalachian/Illinois Basins.
- Long-term future of the US coal industry.
- Emerging health and safety issues for the US mining industry.
- Examination of environmental sctivist groups and their effect on the US energy market.
CEO Power PanelThe centerpiece of the symposium will be a new “CEO Power Panel” dinner and discussion, “Where Does U.S. Coal Go from Here?” CEO Power Panel speakers include Steve Wunning, CEO Mining Division, Caterpillar, Peter Socha, CEO, James River Coal Co. and Ben Hatfield, president & CEO, Patriot Coal Co.
Adapted from press release by Jonathan Rowland.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/14022013/us_coal_industry_will_be_discussed_at_new_kca_symposium-160/