FLSmidth supplies the minerals and cement industries globally with everything from engineering, single machines and complete processing plants to maintenance, support services and operation of processing facilities.
FLSmidth has announced a new corporate structure to take effect from January 2015. Under the new organisation, the company will group its current material handling and mineral processing divisions into one Minerals Division, focusing on the coal, copper, gold, iron ore and fertilizer industries.
The company will also set up a new Product Companies Division to house a number of its key brands, including:
- ABON: supplier of feeding, crushing, sizing and screening equipment.
- Buffalo: South African supplier of feeder breakers.
- Pfister: supplier of dosing equipment to the coal-fired power industry.
- Krebs: supplier of hydrocyclones, centrifugal slurry pumps, and knife gate valves.
- MAAG Gear: supplier of gear units for conveyors, bucket wheel excavators and coal mills.
- Möller: supplier of pneumatic conveying, storage, dosing and loading of fine-grained, particularly abrasive bulk materials.
Manfred Schaffer will take the role as president of the Minerals Division and join the group executive management. Schaffer joins FLSmidth with extensive experience of the mining industry, having most recently been president Sandvik Mining Systems.
Carsten Lund, current head of the material handling division, and Peter Flanagan, president of the mineral processing division, will both step down from group executive management from January 2015. They are both expected to remain with the company, Lund as country manager – India and Flanagan for an uncpecified “senior management position”.
“This is an organications improvement that prepares FLSmidth for the coming upturn by increasing operations efficiency, simplifying the structure, refining management focus and laying out the foundation for globalizing our product companies,” group CEO, Thomas Schulz, said. “This gives us a strong platform for future value creation.”
Written by Jonathan Rowland
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/13082014/world-coal-flsmidth-streamlines-mining-services-into-one-division-coal1202/