Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL) has announced that the company has ordered two 'EeneX' next generation coal carriers from Oshima Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
The EeneX series was designed in pursuit of the optimal coal carrier for electric power companies in Japan. The two vessels MOL ordered will operate under con-tracts with Electric Power Development Co., Ltd. and Hokuriku Electric Power Company, supplying coal from overseas to their power plants in Japan.
MOL anticipates ongoing orders for EeneX vessels and expects them to play a leading role in the MOL Group's coal carrier business.
The EeneX carrier design reflects MOL's proactive stance in providing safe, reliable transport of resources and energy.
- LOA: approximately 235 m.
- Breadth: approximately 38 m.
- Depth: approximately 20.05 m.
- Deadweight tons: approximately 89 900 t.
- Double hull structure for all cargo holds.
- Semi-box shaped hold.
- Eliminated ballast hold (cargo holds only).
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/12122019/mol-orders-two-next-generation-eenex-coal-carriers/