Skip to main content

Allegiance acquires 100% of its Telkwa coal project

Published by
World Coal,


Allegiance Coal Ltd has, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Telkwa Coal Ltd (TCL), entered into an agreement to acquire from the Carbon Development Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Altius Minerals Corporation (Altius), 100% ownership of all the rights to coal licences that make up the Telkwa metallurgical coal project, located in northwest British Columbia, Canada.

Up until this acquisition, Allegiance had earned 20% project ownership, and had the right to earn up to 90% project ownership upon satisfaction of several milestones. The remaining 10% project ownership would be retained by Altius who had a free carry on its project equity in relation to a small mine. In consideration for the issue to Altius of 40 600 000 ordinary shares in Allegiance, and the continued performance of the milestone obligations, Altius has agreed to transfer full ownership of the Project to the company.

The allotment to Altius, which is equivalent to approximately a 10.5% interest in the company on a diluted basis, will occur on completion of the acquisition and will be made under Allegiance’s existing 15% capacity in accordance with ASX Listing Rule 7.1.

Allegiance has been actively engaged with steel mills, commodity trading and investment houses for several months in relation to potential joint venture investment and off-take commitment in the Project at the TCL level. Securing complete ownership of the project clears the pathway to securing a joint venture partner.

Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/05122017/allegiance-acquires-100-of-its-telkwa-coal-project/

You might also like

OSIsoft webinar

[WEBINAR] How to succeed in Digital Transformation in Mining and Materials

During this webinar, OSIsoft will explain their successful path to Digital Transformation, including Predictive Maintenance 4.0 from an asset reliability perspective, Health, Safety & Environment improvement opportunities, and Autonomous Operations for process optimisation. Register for free today »

 

Coal trading market to 2023

The global coal trading market faces stiff competition due to the involvement of many players in the market, reveals a report by Transparency Market Research (TMR).

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Canada coal news