The Australian government has approved the proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant on Curtis Island in Queensland, part of Arrow Energy’s coal seam gas (CSG) LNG project.
The Arrow LNG plant is a 50/50 join venture between Royal Dutch Shell and PetroChina. The LNG plant is one of five developments under assessment or previously approved that together comprise the CSG project:
- Arrow LNG Plant - State and Federal approval granted.
- Surat Gas Project - currently under Federal assessment.
- Arrow Surat Pipeline - approved in 2009.
- Bowen Gas Project - under State assessment.
- Arrow Bowen Pipeline - State approval granted, currently under Federal assessment.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcoal.com/cbm/16122013/government_approves_csg_project_393/